More and more gardeners are trying to find new profitable varieties of tomatoes, which have an appetizing appearance, are pleased with the number of species and tastes. The development of breeding does not stand still, experts from this area are ready to please gardeners with new varieties. The present selection invention is considered a tomato Pear. According to the characteristic, the number of its species is large - both black and red, it will definitely decorate not only the beds, but also the dishes on the table, because by description it looks like a small pear.
Description and characteristics of tomato varieties Grushovka
Grushovka tomatoes do not grow indefinitely - they stop growing after the bush is formed from 5 to 7 brushes (6 tomatoes on one hand).
Average ripening - 105-115 days. Used for planting, both in greenhouses and open ground. With greenhouse cultivation, you can get more yield. The bush itself, according to its characteristics, grows up to 105 cm, whereas, in the open area, the bush of tomatoes is no more than half a meter.
This variety requires obligatory garter stems. The maximum yield of the variety, which was recorded - 5 kg from a bush with proper care.Maximum yield of the variety - 5 kg from a bush
The main features of tomato Grushivka:
- plant does not require special growing conditions;
- fruits have a pink or red color, vegetable flavor is very pleasant;
- the weight of 1 fetus according to the description can reach 250 gr, average - 120-150 gr. Tomatoes have the correct form, are well suited for preservation, use in any form. It is considered a universal variety;
- fruits are similar in shape to pepper or pear (the name comes from this);
- perfectly stored, well tolerated transportation.
Advantages and disadvantages
- The fruit itself has an attractive appearance (shape).
- Characteristic for the variety high yield. In this case, the ovary of the fruit does not depend on the weather.
- The fruits are very fleshy, have a pleasant taste, are considered universal for cooking.
- The variety is resistant to pests and diseases.
Unfortunately, the breeders have not yet bred a variety that would never be affected by diseases and pests over the development period. This tomato is considered disease resistant, but he is not immune from damage by disease.
Disease and Prevention
- Macrosporia. The disease is in the form of brown spots. Fungus affects the leaves and stems of tomato. Rapid distribution occurs at high humidity. In most cases, the fruits remain unaffected. To combat this disease, it is better to use antifungal agents with a high content of copper.
- Viral mosaic. Marble spots appear on the fruits, which quickly spread to all the tomatoes in the bush. In most cases, the infected plant is completely removed with a clod of earth near the root. This is done to eliminate the possibility of infection of nearby plants.
- Vertex rot. A disease that affects only tomatoes. Manifested brown spots on the top of the fruit. The main cause of this disease is the lack of calcium in the soil. This disease is easier to prevent by introducing crushed egg shells or special mineral fertilizers before planting in the soil.
Signs that will help in time to recognize the disease and quickly respond to them:
- leaves become small, turn yellow, the color of the stem and the fruits themselves change noticeably - indicating a lack of nitrogen;
- tomato leaves roll inward - lack of phosphorus;
- curly leaves - lack of potassium;
- fruit defeat apical rot or yellow spots - lack of calcium;
- changes in leaf color from gray-green to red hue is a sign of sulfur starvation;
- the appearance of brown spots on the fruit and the blackening of the stem is a lack of boron;
- in the case of iron deficiency, the bush completely stops in growth and development. Leaves may turn white.
Growing seedlings from seed
A particularly high-quality crop can be obtained by growing it. on well-fertilized soil. Choosing a site, you need to take into account the fact that the development of the plant is badly affected by windy areas, it is better to give preference to the sunny side.Tomato seeds Grushivka
- Experienced gardeners do not recommend sowing seeds for seedlings earlier than 1.5-2 months before the intended planting in open ground. It is recommended to grow seedlings in a greenhouse or a regular room, using pots and boxes for sowing seeds.
- Conduct thorough seed preparation: conduct disinfection of seeds in a light solution of potassium permanganate, then sprout them in a humid environment.
- When planting seeds, observe planting depth 2-3 cm. Otherwise, sprouts may be weak. When the first leaves appear, it is worthwhile to carry out the first feeding of seedlings. As a fertilizer, you can use the purchased complexes or ash (no more than 120 grams per square meter)
- After the appearance of 3 leaflets on the young seedlings, make picks and seating.
Seedlings can be planted only after it is fully strengthened. It is better to gradually acclimatize the plant to new conditions.
Landing in open ground is carried out only after the ground has warmed up. up to 14-16 degrees. Land on a square meter no more than 5 bushes. In order for tomatoes to get stronger faster and grow, it is better to take care of organic dressings of soil in the fall: dry roots, leaves, and ashes.
Departure after landingVariety Grusovka needs binding as the garter grows
- Timely preventive measures against diseases and pests.
- Before planting organic fertilizer can be supplemented with nitrogen. The following feeding is carried out for 3 weeks after transplantation into open ground. For this, it is better to use complex store preparations.
- At the first watering use warm water only. Moisten the soil as the soil dries.
- After each watering it is desirable to carry out loosening for better access of air and nutrients to the roots. Be sure to carry out weeding as needed, to prevent overgrowing of the site with weeds.
- This grade needs a garter bush. Masking is performed in rare cases.
One of the mistakes is considered the reluctance or untimely implementation of preventive works.
Harvesting and storage of the harvest tomatoHealthy tomato fruits must be harvested separately from spoiled
- Healthy and dense fruits should be collected separately from spoiled ones.
- To lay stem upin small boxes. Put paper on the bottom.
- Boxes with fruit save in a dark, cool place. High humidity in the storage room is recommended.
- It is desirable that the fruits of the last stage of ripening was carried out not on a bush, but in a box. The best storage temperature is no higher than 10-12 degrees. So there are chances to eat fresh tomatoes for 2.5 months.
The variety remains a favorite for many gardeners. In order to get a good harvest, you only need to adhere to the elementary rules of care and storage of tomatoes.