Rind cabbage is a hybrid variety that is bred in Holland. This variety has gained popularity among Russian gardeners and is one of the best today. Large, tasty cabbages not only have an excellent presentation, do not crack when ripe, but also stored until next spring!
Description and characteristics of the variety
Rinda F1 hybrid - mid-season variety of white cabbage. Ripens in 70-90 days from the date of landing in the ground. The weight of ripe head from 3 to 6 kg. Have the correct form of a sphere, dense, light green color. When cut cut heads yellow-white. It has a juicy and delicate taste without bitterness.
Advantages and disadvantages
We give a description of the merits of the Rind variety. Moreover, there are plenty of them, because many gardeners annually choose this variety for their gardens. It is different:
- high yield;
- excellent taste;
- storage time;
- resilience to climate change;
- resistance to popular cabbage diseases;
The disadvantages of this class include:
- difficult to tolerate prolonged drought, requires frequent watering;
- well fructifies only in sunny areas. In the shade, the yield is noticeably lower;
- There are many fakes on sale, as the variety is very popular.
Cabbage growth conditions
Seedlings begin to plant in April. Seeds are pre-soaked in salt water, and then immersed in hot water for several minutes. They are planted in a box with the ground to a depth of 1-1.5 cm. After 2 weeks, dive - plant them in separate containers.
In the shade it will not be possible to reap the harvest - the cabbages will not be able to start. Good precursors will be legumes, onions, garlic, cucumbers, potatoes and carrots. But after a turnip, watercress or radish cabbage should not be planted.
Soil preparation and planting in open ground
Before planting the site must be prepared. Preparation begins in the fall. Soil need to dig, remove weeds and apply organic fertilizer. Transplantation into unprotected soil occurs 40 days after the appearance of the first sprouts. Often plant plants do not need. No more than 35 seedlings per 10 square meters. The best is the distance - 35 cm between shoots and 50 cm between the rows.Cabbage bed
Departure after landing
Rinda variety - moisture-loving plant. After planting in unprotected soil, watering should be done at the root every 3-4 days. After 2 weeks, you need to water the entire surface of the bed. On hot days, watering is required more often - in 1-2 days. It is necessary to stop watering 2 weeks before the technical ripeness (on day 70 after landing in the ground).
Rinda has a short leg, so it does not overwhelm with growth and all you need is just one hilling for the entire height.
Do not neglect the removal of weeds. They not only prevent the plant from receiving the necessary amount of light and trace elements from the soil, but also are distributors of insects and diseases. Therefore, they must be removed as they appear and not left in the garden!
Feed the cabbage three times during the growing season:
- The soil when planting - a bucket of humus or peat per square meter
- Seedling during hardening - spray the composition of 10 liters of water: 1 table spoon of urea + 1 table spoon of potassium sulfate.
- Roots with active growth - a solution of liquid manure
Diseases and their prevention
Despite the high resistance of the variety to disease, with insufficient care cabbage may be affected by various pests. Not difficult preventive measures and timely treatment of plants with fertilizers will help to cope with them.
- Weeding and removing weeds.
- In autumn, all the remains of cabbage (leaves, legs) are collected and destroyed.
- Compliance with crop rotation - every year you need to choose a new place for planting.
- No need to moisten the soil.
With the defeat of pests:
- Cabbage aphid (tiny insects of green color, infect leaves) - an infusion of tobacco or a solution of laundry soap;
- Downy mildew (spots of gray or brown color on the leaves) - Bordeaux liquid solution 1%;
- Kila (disease of the roots in the form of swellings and white growths, which increase) is not treated. Remove damaged seedlings together with a lump of earth and burn. Process the soil with a purple solution of potassium permanganate;
- Vascular bacteriosis (yellow leaves with black veins, rotting head) - spray with a solution of Planriz, repeat treatment after 20 days;
- cabbage leaf beetle (a small bug of dark green color damaging the leaves) - dusting with a mixture of ash and tobacco; Actellic.
- Cabbage Leaf Beetle
- Aphid on cabbage
- Downy mildew on cabbage
Harvesting and storage rules
As a rule, the ripening of cabbage Rinda falls on the beginning of autumn. Rip heads at the same time, which is very convenient for harvesting. Harvesting is best planned for dry cool weather. Cut the head with a sharp knife at ground level, leaving a long stalk.
Observance of proper storage conditions is a guarantee of a tasty harvest for the whole winter! Storage room should be dark and cool, about + 1-2 degrees. You also need to periodically air the room to avoid mold. High humidity also contributes to the preservation of vegetables. In the basements and cellars, as a rule, all of the above conditions are combined.
There are several ways to place heads:
- lay in one row on wooden or plastic pallets;
- to put in bags from dense fabric / tarpaulin;
- wrap each head in paper, then lay in a row;
- hang by the stalk on a rope.
Properly stored cabbage will delight you with its juicy and delicate taste all winter.
Rinda variety is popular with gardeners around the world. It is valued for its high yield, excellent taste and the ability to transport without loss of presentation. This variety is good both fresh and fermented, but its suitability is especially noted. Especially for the manufacture of cabbage. Thin and elastic sheets of cabbage do not break into the cooking process, and the dish turns out incredibly tasty!