The carrot yield is astounding.. Sowing a bed with a 20-gram bag of seeds, after 3.5-4 months, you can collect several hundred kilograms of this root crop. No first course is complete without carrots. Sweet and spicy salads are also made from it, added to canned foods and pickles. But not only the yield and distribution in cooking is famous for carrots. She treats many diseases., and not only the root crop is useful, but also the ground part - tops.
Ingredients: what vitamins and minerals are contained in the botve and root crop
Carrots contain many vitamins and minerals that act both individually and in interaction with each other.
What vitamins contain:
- A (it is formed in the human body as a result of beta-carotene splitting according to the content of which the carrot is in second place after sea buckthorn) - strengthens the cells of the upper layer of the skin, stimulates the activity of the optic neurons;
- K - stimulates the synthesis of leukocytes and platelets, accelerates tissue regeneration;
- D (- it is synthesized when ultraviolet radiation hits the skin) - strengthens bone and cartilage tissues;
- E (natural antioxidant) - slows down the processes of cell aging;
- C - gives the skin elasticity, breaks down fats, improves immunity, hypoallergen;
- B1, B6 - create a favorable environment for intestinal microflora.
- potassium - relaxes the heart muscle, strengthens the walls of blood vessels;
- calcium - accelerates heartbeat, strengthens bone and cartilage tissue;
- iron (part of the hemoglobin protein) - participates in the transport of oxygen throughout the body;
- magnesium - strengthens blood vessels and heart muscle;
- phosphorus (part of the retina and cornea) - improves visual acuity;
- essential oils (flavonoids, phytoncides) - antiseptic action;
- in small quantities - cobalt, iodine, manganese, zinc.
The composition of carrot tops include:
- selenium - strengthens the skin, slows the aging process;
- sucrose - it is easily digested without raising the total blood sugar level (indispensable for diabetes mellitus);
- a nicotinic acid - improves brain function;
- caffeine - invigorates, increases blood pressure;
- on vitamins - little vitamin B group, but there is vitamin P - strengthens hair follicles and normalizes acid-base balance.
The composition and use of carrots:
Benefit and harm
Useful properties of carrots and carrot juice for the human body
The maximum amount of minerals and vitamins found in the upper part of the root, as well as in the skin.
Exception - Vitamin C - during heat treatment above 80 ° C, ascorbic acid decomposes.
Carrots are shown in the following cases:
- colitis, except ulcerative or accompanied by suppurations;
- normalizes the composition of the intestinal microflora at stage 1-2 dysbacteriosis;
- helps to cope with non-infectious cystitis and other non-infectious nephritis in the early stages;
- carrot juice can be dripped with a cold;
- with diabetes, boiled carrots normalize sugar levels;
- carrot juice helps with sclerosis;
- in any form effective in inflammation of the internal organs, gums.
Ulcers and oncological diseases refer to indications and contraindications.. Based on the composition, for oncological diseases, it is necessary to limit the consumption of carrots and carrot tops - the regeneration of cells, including cancer cells.
When ulcers are not recommended if there is a purulent discharge. Carrots themselves tend to rot, especially when they are stagnant in the intestines.
For children under one year old - 50 g of perfectly cooked carrot puree from 1 tsp. honey throughout the day. For stones in the kidneys or gall bladder - juice diluted 1 to 1 with boiled water.
With stones, sand in the gall and or kidneys, pinworms in children under 3 years old, carrot juice should not be mixed with beetroot.
Carrot tops are strictly prohibited to use when pregnancy, increased arterial, intracranial, eye pressure.For preventive purposes, it is enough to eat 100-150 g of raw root vegetables.
Contraindications for men, women and children
The main contraindication is allergymainly on carotene. In men, women and children, allergies to other components are possible.
Carrots can harm:
- for ulcers of the gastrointestinal tract not to eat raw root vegetables
- during pregnancy, you may be allergic to an excessive amount of carrots consumed (more than 100 g per day);
- with significant damage to the gastrointestinal tract mucosa;
- the acute form of any disease of the gastrointestinal tract due to the high energy consumption of the splitting of fiber;
- at 3-4 stages of dysbiosis.
Healing folk recipes
Anti-cellulite massage. It is used in the presence of "goose skin". For 200 g of carrot juice 250 g of candied (last year) honey, 100 g of cabbage juice.
Ingredients, separately, boil for 15 minutes in a water bath. Cooled mix together. Let it brew for 8 hours in a warm place. Add 50 g of softened butter. Insist 12 hours.
Against pinworms. 150 g of beet and 200 g of carrot juice mixed with 1 head finely grated garlic, one tsp. ground black pepper. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
Consume 30-50 g 2 times a day. It is impossible for children under 6 years old, people with cardiovascular diseases, with stones, sand, increased pressure, glaucoma, pregnancy, after a traumatic brain injury.
Children from 6 years old to 2 tbsp. l in a day. From 12-14 to 20-30 g 2 times a day.Carrot juice is used in many traditional medicine recipes.
With low hemoglobin. 300 g of carrot beet and pomegranate juice boil in a water bath. In a boiling liquid add 0.5 liters of fresh honey. Insist 5-8 hours.
Drink 100 g 3-4 times a day. It is impossible with stones, sand, increased intracranial pressure, glaucoma. During pregnancy - 1 tbsp. l 3 times a day. Drink 50 g 2 times a day.
Mask for brittle hair. 1 egg whip with 2 tbsp. l carrot juice and 1 tsp. honey Apply to hair in circular motions.
If dandruff is present, add to 1 tbsp. l sunflower oil. Mask hold no more than 15 minutes. The optimal time is 3-5 minutes.
Mask for dry hair ends with carrot juice and sunflower oil:
Rinse for dry hair. On 3 liters of boiling water 0.5 kg of carrot tops, 4 tbsp. l chamomile. Boil for 1 min. Allow to cool. Rinse the hair.
In order for the treatment to have an effect worth a few simple tips:
- Before massage with the use of the composition containing carrot juice, do not eat carrots for a day.
- The amount of product needed for treatment depends on the physiological characteristics.
- When pain in the kidneys, stomach, pancreas, liver, gallbladder can not be combined carrot and beet juices. Beet substitute pomegranate.
- To get the maximum benefit - sprinkle raw product with mayonnaise, sour cream, sunflower or olive oil. Fatty acids promote the absorption of carotene.
- Salads with chamomile or mint tea.
How much to eat fresh per day for health benefits
Carrot ranks second after sea buckthorn in vitamin A.
How much do you need to eat carrots a day for health benefits? Per day absorbed by the body no more than 150 g of fresh raw carrots, 250 g of boiled and 800 g of undiluted carrot juice.
Carrot topper appliedmainly to strengthen and stimulate hair growth.